Farmhouse Kitchen Makeover BEFORE and Vision Board
I wish I could tell you that so far the week has been easy, but unfortunately my hubby has the #manflu and my kiddos are going bizerk (sp? I don’t think I have ever written that word, LOL!). Seriously, is the full moon out cause something is definitely taken over their little bodies. ?
Either way the show must go on! It’s time tackle the next room in our house…. the worst one.
The Kitchen… (you can see the video version here)
I am sure you wondered why I have not shared it here before…. well, this is why…
It’s dark, cluttered, outdated, messy, bleh….
This is what the kitchen looked like when we moved in. The appliances did not match. The area above the fridge had a wine rack that was not even accessible.
The hood vent was actually a nice design and the cabinets are real wood custom cabinets, but the pickled wash on it was not pleasing anyone in the house.
I’m not a fan of the countertops but at least they are granite.
The walls are also a very dark color and you can see where we stopped painting the breakfast area. LOL!
*Some of the following links are affiliate links for your convenience, please see here for more details*
So here is a breakdown of the plans to make it a little more detestable…
- First, I will be painting the walls my favorite gray… SW Repose Gray.
- Next I will be painting the kitchen cabinets white, like I did in my last home.
- I will add some rustic wood accents on the hood and possibly another area in the kitchen.
- I need to declutter all of the magnets and paper and misc. “stuff” all other the place.
- Im bringing in navy and white accents as well as white pottery.
- New glass jars and a rug should complete the look.
The backsplash, although not my style will be staying since we don’t have it in the budget to change it up. This will also go for the granite countertops. I would prefer quartz, but we just can’t right now.
I am hoping that once the cabinets are painted everything else that remains will be less obnoxious.
I would love to know what you think of the plans below!