I am finally at a point where I feel comfortable taking pictures (and showing you all) the progress we have made in the master bedroom. We are lucky to have found a home with such a large master bedroom, with lots of natural light, good architectural features and something I never thought I would have…. 3 closets! First, I would like to show you what the bedroom looked like when we moved in.
The walls were bare and never had been painted (other than what the builder did). Below is the view from the entrance facing into the master bedroom. Our queen bed looks so small in this huge space.
This is the view of the seating area to the right. There are beautiful apple trees just outside the 3 windows. It makes me feel like I am in a tree house. I plan on buying a nice large chair, table and lamp to create the perfect reading nook for little ole me… ya know, for all that spare time I have (insert sarcasm here).
Below is the view from my hubby’s closet.
I am very much inspired by Ballard Designs and have been really liking the soft blues and tans and whites they have been showcasing which will go great with my off white bedroom furniture.
I found the following drapery panels at my local Ross for $22.99 a pair… SCORE!!!!! Or more like GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLL in our family.
I picked the perfect blue, Gossamer Blue by Benjamin Moore. I actually got it made in Clark & Washington paint since it is still a great quality paint at a more affordable price. Gotta watch those pennies, after all us SAHM’s don’t get paid much. 😉
Here is a close up of the panel and the paint swatch…
So far we have done the following:
1. Painted the walls, all 11 of them and the trey ceiling.
2. Painted all the baseboards
3. Replaced all the old receptacles with updated switches (my hubby is a trained electrician, well, used-to-be since he doesn’t do that anymore, so he knows what he is doing)
4. Furniture is obviously already in place (I wouldn’t be very happy if it wasn’t)
5. Curtain rods and curtains are up…. funny story about those curtains. It will have its own post, it’s so funny so stay tuned.
Still to do….
1. Put artwork and wedding pics on the walls
2. Seating area not even close to completion
3. Bench or settee in front of bed
4. Small console table at entrance
5. Replacing the ceiling fan with either a chandelier or a nicer fan (still debating)
Stay tuned for the updated pics. They will be coming soon! Promise!