DIY Jewelry Holder

Hola! I wanted to share a little something I I thought up and my husband help me built. I follow several bloggers, one of them Honey We’re Home. I love her home, her closet and her organization tips. One thing she had that I totally fell in love with and I had to have one of my own was her bracelet organizer. She ordered her’s on Amazon for $35.00 which at that price, I just could not justify purchasing it since it was NOT a necessity. Oh but the idea of having one was so awesome!!!! So I just had to figure out a way to have my own…. and that I did. Here is my version and how I did it…

DIY Jewelry Holder

First, I ran across a clearance section at Hobby Lobby and I found a 1 inch unfinished curtain rod 6 foot in length. It was on sale for $4.67. I (my hubby) cut it into 6 pieces at 1 foot lengths… you know, in case I needed another ;-)

Then I found a 7/8″ dowel for $1.89 if I remember correctly and an unfinished wooden base at $1.99 in the unfinished wood section. We cut the dowel into 4″, 8″ and 12″ sections. Then we drilled 7/8″ holes into the wooden base.

DIY Jewelry Holder 2

I wanted them at a diagonal so we measured them out evenly and drilled some more…

DIY Jewelry Holder 3

Then we drilled 7/8″ holes into the curtain rod pieces, making sure they were centered.

DIY Jewelry Holder 4

Next, we screwed the 7/8″ stems onto the base from the bottom up and used wood glue to secure the top pieces onto the 7/8″ pieces.

DIY Jewelry Holder 5

I used spray primer since the wood was unfinished and I didn’t want it soaking up my paint like crazy. As for paint, I used acrylic paint that I had on hand and Martha Stewart’s specialty paint that I got on sale for $4.99 below.

DIY Jewelry Holder 6

Then in order to cover up the bottom screws seen below…

DIY Jewelry Holder 7

I cut a piece of white felt that I already had and glued it on with Elmer’s glue… You can see my little helper below…

DIY Jewelry Holder 8

It also prevents it from scratching the surface it sits on.

My total cost for this was $6.23. I don’t really count the Martha Stewart paint cause I barely put a dent in it and I will be using it for lots more projects, but if your nit picky, just add a dollar… $7.23…. Still a pretty good deal!!!!

Here is the finished product….

DIY Jewelry Holder 11

I brought the paint up a little bit on the 7/8″ bases since I couldn’t get clean straight lines at the very bottom. I used painters tape as a guide and I think I like it better this way anyways…

DIY Jewelry Holder 10

The white paint took 3 coats and the gold paint took 4 coats (yikes!). It is really thin and runny. I almost thought I had to change gears, but the more you add the better it looks. I did end up finishing it up with clear gloss spray paint (I already had) to protect its finish. I love how it turned out!

DIY Jewelry Holder 9

It ended up being about 13.5″ in height and 12″ wide. Now, I can remember I actually have bracelets I can wear since they are not put away! I am totally happy with this!

Let me know what you think? Have you done anything to organize or display your jewelry? I would love to know!

Your Latina,





Best KFC Copycat Coleslaw

Growing up I always enjoyed eating KFC’s coleslaw, but would have never thought about knowing how to make my own. I did some internet searching a couple of years ago and tried several recipes until I found the closest and BEST tasting one with a little tweak of my own of course. Needless to say, we don’t buy it anymore. Now that I have done the legwork for you I thought I would share, since I am not one those crazy people who would NEVER share a family (or any) recipe, because it would be the end of the world….. Come on, you know at least one of those people….

Coleslaw Recipe


1/2 cup of mayonnaise

1/3 cup of granulated sugar

1/4 cup of milk

1/4 cup of buttermilk (I actually don’t use buttermilk, I use the substitute (milk & white vinegar) as I think it tastes better, plus I don’t need the extra expense since the recipe only calls for 1/4 cup).

2 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice (Fresh lemon juice is better)

1 1/2 tbsp of white vinegar

1/2 tsp of salt (I put a little more, but it all depends how you like it)

1/8 tsp of pepper  (Again, I put a little more)

1 bag of ready made coleslaw mix


I whisk all the ingredients together and let it sit a couple of minutes before adding the coleslaw. Then I pour out the coleslaw bag and mix it in! I stick it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, this way the flavors intensify. Trust me, you will love this recipe!

Hope you enjoy!

Your Latina,